Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your McAllen smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the heart of your home security system as it incorporates your cameras, locks, thermostats, and security sensors into one cohesive system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color interface places you in complete control of your McAllen home’s security and automation. See how it can benefit you and check out recommendations to get started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in McAllen benefit you?
Connecting wirelessly to devices through radio frequencies and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your residence. You may arm your system, control lights, set the temperature, and more. When incorporating a doorbell camera, you can even speak to someone on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub features a battery backup and built-in cellular connectivity to ensure reliable performance. It also provides convenient remote operation through the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s an idea of the things you can do:
- Check current or saved footage from any connected security cameras
- Disarm or arm your system
- Turn lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Adjust your thermostat’s temperature
- Communicate directly to monitoring professionals
You can boost convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in McAllen by setting schedules or establishing preferences. For instance, you could have your smart thermostat automatically adjust nightly at a certain time. Or, you can set preferences like having your front door unlock when the fire alarm trips.
Steps for arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you delve into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll have to know how to arm and disarm your security. It’s straightforward - just adhere to these steps:
- Tap the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay means you will be in your house and arms all devices except interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away means you will be gone, and all sensors in your home will arm.
- To disarm, simply swipe down on the shield icon and type in your PIN.
The Smart Hub will display a warning if the system isn’t ready to arm. For instance, an open window will urge you to take action. Keep in mind that you may still arm the system by using the instructions above. You will then need to verify you would like to bypass the sensor that isn’t engaged.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in McAllen
Even though many users can be set up when your system is installed, you will probably want to add or remove a user down the road. Here’s how to do it.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right of the main screen.
- Press “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” provide the user’s name, and press the Next button.
- If you want to supply the user remote capability, select phone or email and enter the info to dispatch an invitation.
- Hit Next and then create a PIN for this new user.
- To remove a user, simply go to the menu, touch users, select the user you would like to delete, and then tap “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Do you want to take charge of your home’s security and automation via an intuitive touchscreen interface? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new McAllen home security system. Call (956) 303-1646 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.