Daily shipments have become commonplace for many people due to the rise of online shopping. You enjoy the benefit of having goods dropped right in front of your door, but there is a disadvantage. Those boxes on your doorstep are invitations to potential burglars. Porch piracy has become a significant issue, but you have the chance to protect yourself from it by installing a doorbell camera as part of your home’s security. These components are great tools to combat package theft, but they provide significantly more.
Take a minute to find out how they work and why there’s a good chance they’ll become an integral part of your smart home.
Benefits of a McAllen video doorbell
Found in wireless and wired options, video doorbells provide an array of advanced features, and the technology continues to advance. You are now able to customize detection zones, speak to whoever’s at your door, and obtain instant updates whenever something is delivered.
The best way to find out how a McAllen video doorbell camera works is to delve into the various advantages it offers. Think about these features:
- Active crime deterrents: You won’t get this on every model, but there are some smart video doorbells that are proactive in deterring theft with signals that can be heard and seen. This is a fantastic way to let porch pirates know that you are watching.
- 180-degree x 180-degree camera view: You deserve to see the complete picture, and that consists of the faces of individuals at your door and packages on the walkway below. Options with 180-degree x 180-degree field of vision offer a comprehensive perspective.
- Vivid images at any hour: If you don’t have pictures and video you can see clearly, what’s the point of getting a doorbell camera? Leading models will give you amazing HDR resolution and night vision.
- Delivery alerts: Would you appreciate knowing when a package arrives? You are able to receive instant updates from video doorbells that can tell the difference between people and packages.
- Talk to the visitor at your door: Is someone waiting at your main entry? Two-way audio allows you to find out their purpose for being there. You could even take advantage of this handy feature to scare off people hanging around your porch.
- Avoid false alarms: Leading doorbell cameras will even give you the chance to customize detection zones. Clearly identifying the space to be monitored will let you reduce false alarms caused by walkers, cars, or animals.
- Easy video access: A video doorbell configured into your smart home gives you the option to view live and archived video right from your cell phone security app.
Video doorbells keep you in touch with your home like never before, as you are able to access them directly from your mobile device, no matter where you are. They’ll alert you when something or someone arrives, show you what’s happening, and even let you speak with the person at your door. These components have turned into difference-makers in terms of security and convenience.